Sunday, November 10, 2013

KIDNEY STORIES: FIND A KIDNEY FOR CARRIE


Carrie is a 36 year old single mother.  She needs a kidney from someone with blood type O.  Her transplant center is in Wisconsin.  Dialysis since 7/5/10.
Description
I'm a 36 year old single mother of a wonderful and amazing 14 year old son. I have been a single parent since he was 5.  I need a kidney from someone with blood type O.   If you want to be tested to see if you are a match for me, please call donor team member Stephanie at Froedtert Medical Center at 1-414-805-0310. Tell them you wish to be tested for Carrie Webster.
My story: My mother found out ...while taking me to my well baby checks that I had blood in my urine.  I saw a lot of doctors growing up, but I never understood my situation.  
After having my son in 2001, I became ill.  In 2002, I needed to start dialysis. I was so sick I didn't remember even seeing doctor and having surgery to have my dialysis access created.  All the while on dialysis I was sick, had many infections and surgeries. My surgeon had only a few areas left to work with.
In 2005, I got my call on a Friday night for a deceased donor kidney.  I was so happy but devastated that another family was grieving over the loss of their loved one.  With my newly transplanted kidney I was sick often and rejected a few times.   The doctors were able to bring my kidney back several times.  They were amazed that I fought that long trying to keep it going.  They said I was a fighter.
  In 2010, they couldn't save it anymore.   I had to begin dialysis again in July 2010. I have so many things going on that I hurt every day.  I have appointments all the time with different doctors.  I just recently got out of the hospital with a staph infection ended up going home with a hole in my arm that needed daily dressing and a vacuuming for healing.  I had numerous surgeries I lost count. When I walk into the doors at the hospital they all know me they say, “Hi Carrie.”  
I fight every day for my son.  All my son knows is his mommy being sick and in and out of hospitals.  I live with my mother and she is my rock. Without her I don't know what I would do.  She is always by my side thru all this and I love her very much.  
I have a big family and most support me and wish they could donate but can't due to something wrong with them.  That is why I am reaching out to the public asking for help.  Are you blood type O?   If you find it in your heart to test for me, please call Froedtert Medical Center at 1-414-805-0310.  The donor coordinator's name is Stephanie.  Tell them you wish to be tested for Carrie Webster.  My insurance covers the cost of all pre-op testing and the transplant surgery.
Thank you for taking time to read my story.  If you do not feel that living kidney donation is right for you, then I ask that you please share my page.  You never know who will end up seeing it.  It might just reach that special person…my future donor.
Thank you, Carrie Webster
See More

Basic Info

LaunchedOctober 23, 2013

TAGS: kidney for carrie, Ning, Live Journal, Tumblr, Weebly, WordPress, Facebook, Kidney Stories, Jim Myers, kidney, dialysis, blood, transfusion, donor, recipient, seeking, awareness, National Kidney Foundation, Indiana University, sharing, kidney disease, End Stage Renal Failure, polycystic kidney disease, chronic kidney disease, kidney for, diabetic, save my life, living kidney donor, organ donation, find a kidney for, NCS, share a spare, transplant list, fundraiser, donate life,

No comments:

Post a Comment