Saturday, November 9, 2013

KIDNEY STORIES: PRAYERS AND SUPPORT FOR JACKIE

KIDNEY STORIES: PRAYERS AND SUPPORT FOR JACKIE
image

Hello, my name is Jackie, and I need another kidney transplant. I am current doing Peritoneal Dialysis treatments at home to sustain my life.
Description
I am a 40 yr old single female who has been suffering with kidney disease the majority of my life. I was initially diagnosed with Membranous Glomuro Neprhitis at the age of 12, and received my first kidney transplant 9 months later at the age of 13. Because of this disease,  I’ve never been able to have any  children. I got my first Cadaver kidney transplant on Nov. 11, 1986. That kidney only last…ed a year, from Nov. 86’-Nov. 87’, and I had to go back on Dialysis.I spent the next 14 yrs of my life surviving on Dialysis. I received my next Cadaver kidney transplant on Dec. 25, 2001. That kidney was a very good match for me and lasted 12 yrs. In July of 2013, I began Peritoneal Dialysis treatments at home. I have to do 4 treatments a day, with 4-6 hours in between 7 days a week. The Peritoneal Dialysis only cleanse 10-15% of what a real kidney would  do. I have gone through all the Pre-transplant testing required to receive another kidney back in 2012. I’m still waiting to be placed on the transplant list. I must come up with a financial plan to stay in Houston, Texas for 4 weeks, along with my major support person. So I have to raise $3000-$6000 to cover various expenses such as Lodging, Food, Transportation, Medicine and also be able to take care of my bills at home. I have created a fundraising page through Giveforward.com. If you would like to be tested to see if you are a match for me, please contact The Methodist J.C. Walter Referral Line @ 1(713) 441-8900.
https://www.facebook.com/jackiea
WWW.FACEBOOK.COM/KIDNEYSTORIES

TAGS:  prayers and support for jackie, Ning, Live Journal, Tumblr, Weebly, WordPress, Facebook, Kidney Stories, Jim Myers, kidney, dialysis, blood, transfusion, donor, recipient, seeking, awareness, National Kidney Foundation, Indiana University, sharing, kidney disease, End Stage Renal Failure, polycystic kidney disease, chronic kidney disease, kidney for, diabetic, save my life, living kidney donor, organ donation, find a kidney for, NCS, share a spare, transplant list, fundraiser, donate life,

No comments:

Post a Comment