Saturday, June 8, 2013

KIDNEY STORIES: JEAN NEEDS A KIDNEY


Hi! My names is Jean and I am one of 94,000 that need a kidney transplant. Please read the About section to find out how you can help me find one. Thanks so very much!
Description
Hi! My names is Jean and I am one of 94,000 that need a kidney transplant. Late 2011 I was diagnosed with medullary sponge kidney (MSK) and stage 3 chronic kidney disease (CKD). A short five months later my disease had progressed quickly and I was informed a kidney transplant would be needed soon.
MSK is a congenital disease. That means I was born with it. I do not have the typical symptoms o...f MSK, instead my MSK has led to nephrocalcinosis, shrunken kidneys and low functioning kidneys. I do not have any other health issues and have fortunately been able to avoid dialysis. But it is only a matter of time. I am hoping to have a kidney transplant before dialysis is needed.
I am listed at IU Health in Indy and the University of Louisville Hospital. My blood type is A. But any blood type can donate! I have some loving family members who have gone thru the testing but are unable to donate for various reasons. They are heroes in my book!
If you have an interest in being a living kidney donor to me or any of the other 94,000 kidney patients you can contact me at jeaniekaste@gmail.com or call the IU Transplant Center at 317-944-4370.
If you cannot donate a kidney but wish to help, please share my page and encourage others to share it also. It could lead to a miracle!
Thank you!
Jean
 
TAGS:  jean needs a kidney, Ning, Live Journal, Tumblr, Weebly, WordPress, Facebook, Kidney Stories, Jim Myers, kidney, dialysis, blood, transfusion, donor, recipient, seeking, awareness, National Kidney Foundation, Indiana University, sharing, kidney disease, End Stage Renal Failure, polycystic kidney disease, chronic kidney disease, kidney for, diabetic, save my life, living kidney donor, organ donation, find a kidney for, NCS, share a spare, transplant list, fundraiser, donate life,

No comments:

Post a Comment