Tuesday, June 4, 2013

KIDNEY STORIES: KAREN MADDOX JOURNEY TO A TRANSPLANT


I am 45 years old, a wife of 27 years. I have two children . A daughter and a son . I have five grandchildren. I was diagnosed with IGA Nephropathy and started dialysis in 2008.
Description
I have been trying to get on the transplant list for 5 years, I finally was placed this year but now they are telling me I have and 5-10 year waiting time. I am in search of a live donor. I am type o+ and need an o type to match . I am currently listed at St. Vincent's hospital in Indianapolis, Indiana. My case worker is Tammy Rader at (317) 338-2694 Anyone wanting to get tested please call. My insurance would cover ALL medical cost of any testing and surgery however you must have your own insurance in case anything is found during testing. I am on dialysis 3 days a week for three to four hours at a time. It is painful and very draining.Although it keeps me alive it is not a cure only a treatment. I am so anxious to get a kidney and get back to a normal life where I can have the energy to work again and play with my grandchildren. Please help save a life , share your spare :)
 

TAGS:  karen maddox journey to transplant, Ning, Live Journal, Tumblr, Weebly, WordPress, Facebook, Kidney Stories, Jim Myers, kidney, dialysis, blood, transfusion, donor, recipient, seeking, awareness, National Kidney Foundation, Indiana University, sharing, kidney disease, End Stage Renal Failure, polycystic kidney disease, chronic kidney disease, kidney for, diabetic, save my life, living kidney donor, organ donation, find a kidney for, NCS, share a spare, transplant list, fundraiser, donate life
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment