Wednesday, May 8, 2013

KIDNEY STORIES: FIND A KIDNEY FOR UNCLE MANNY


Help us Find a Kidney for Uncle Manny...Daddy Dwayne
Description
Aloha everyone,
I am starting a new page for my father, Dwayne "Uncle Manny" Fernandez... As some of you know, my father had a kidney transplant through my then-fiancé, Khari Hatten, and lived an active, dialysis-free life for 8 years thereafter.. Unfortunately, this past December, the kidney transplant shut down and he became very sick. We are reaching out through the biggest social media outlet to find him a new, healthy kidney. The more word we can get out to help him, the faster we can hopefully save him. If you know our dad personally, you know that he is a wonderful man, a great role model, and now, the best grandpa my son could ask for. Please share this page and help us find "Uncle Manny, Daddy Dwayne" a new kidney. Any questions, (blood type, etc.) inbox, please. Mahalo, Mailani Fernandez
 
FOR EVERYONE IN HONOLULU, IF YOU'RE WILLING TO GET TESTED, QUEEN'S MEDICAL CENTER HAS DAD ON FILE FOR DONORS, HE IS BLOOD TYPE A POSITIVE... AT THE LEAST, YOU CAN HELP BY SHARING THIS PAGE ON YOUR TIMELINE AND SUGGESTING OTHERS LIKE AND SHARE AS WELL... MAHALO NUI LOA!
Hey Everyone,
Just a little background, for those who may want to know... When my dad was first told he needed a transplant in 2004, I (Mailani) immediately offered him my own, but he refused because most of his diseases are hereditary, therefore he wouldn't take them from my sister or myself. My mother could not offer hers as she was still active duty military. My fiance at the time beca...me his donor, and it lasted until this December. My mother, now being retired, is trying to offer hers, but Queen's is not offering her the test, and she could possibly not be a match... That is why I am seeking out the biggest possibility of reaching out to my dad's friends and family, and even strangers, to find him a match asap. The procedure is minimal and I believe Khari (his previous donor) was out of work for a week at most, but left the hospital after a day or 2 at St. Francis. If you'd like to help, you can go to your doctor and tell them you'd like to get tested to be a kidney donor for BLOOD TYPE A, and they can help you from there. Please help us keep our daddy around and healthy so he can enjoy life and seeing his grandson, (my son Tyson) make it to the NFL or NBA one day! We love all of you for sharing this page and helping us in our efforts. Mahalo Nui Loa from our family. -Mailani Fernandez



https://www.facebook.com/pages/Find-A-Kidney-for-Uncle-Manny/595457820464329

TAGS: find a kidney for uncle manny, Ning, Live Journal, Tumblr, Weebly, WordPress, Facebook, Kidney Stories, Jim Myers, kidney, dialysis, blood, transfusion, donor, recipient, seeking, awareness, National Kidney Foundation, Indiana University, sharing, kidney disease, End Stage Renal Failure, polycystic kidney disease, chronic kidney disease, kidney for, diabetic, save my life, living kidney donor, organ donation, find a kidney for, NCS, share a spare, transplant list, fundraiser, donate life,

No comments:

Post a Comment