Saturday, May 11, 2013

KIDNEY STORIES: KIDNEY FOR MY SISTER


This page is for my sister Christine who needs a kidney. I am setting this up to help her and maybe someone out there may want to help since I cannot help her.
Description
Details of Christine's life since her kidneys failed and present day dialysis.
Details of my life as a living donor up to present day.

I want to share both the struggles my sister faces and the life of a living donor so everyone can see how normal of a life I live with just one kidney.
(FROM JIM AT KS):  Christine's kidneys originally failed in 2001 due to lupus.  She started dialysis that same year. She had a transplant in 2003, but that kidney failed in 2010.  She was put back on dialysis.  In 2012 her mother tried to donate, but it appears to have been unsuccessful.  She is currently on dialysis.  Corrections could be forthcoming.
 
 
 
 TAGS: kidneyformysister, Ning, Live Journal, Tumblr, Weebly, WordPress, Facebook, Kidney Stories, Jim Myers, kidney, dialysis, blood, transfusion, donor, recipient, seeking, awareness, National Kidney Foundation, Indiana University, sharing, kidney disease, End Stage Renal Failure, polycystic kidney disease, chronic kidney disease, kidney for, diabetic, save my life, living kidney donor, organ donation, find a kidney for, NCS, share a spare, transplant list, fundraiser, donate life,

No comments:

Post a Comment