Tuesday, May 7, 2013

KIDNEY STORIES: A KIDNEY FOR SCOTT


Scott was diagnosed with kidney failure and began dialysis in June 2012. He needs a donor with blood type O. His transplant center is Legacy Good Samaritan in Portland, OR. Please contact Margaret Marksthaler at 503-413-7349 or e-mail mmarksth@lhs.org
Greetings! Welcome to my A Kidney for Scott Facebook page. I'm writing this from my dialysis chair in Vancouver, WA. I'm 44 years old. As noted in my page description, I was diagnosed with kidney failure in June, 2012 due to the disease of IgA Nephropathy, which is a build-up of protein in the kidneys. I began dialysis immediately in the hospital and continued hemodialysis at Vancouver DaVita... once I came home. My blood type is O, so I need a donor with a similar type.
I was married in 2001 to my lovely wife Debra and helped raise my now-adult stepsons Ian and Preston. I've continued to maintain my full-time employment as a grocery clerk at Fred Meyer in Vancouver, a position I've held since 1986.
Since a kidney transplant with a live donor has a considerably-better outcome than a transplant conducted with a cadaver kidney, it's my hope that someone will donate a kidney so I can resume a normal existence and end my need for dialysis treatments. Thanks for visiting my page, and have a terrific day.
 
TAGS: kidney for scott, Ning, Live Journal, Tumblr, Weebly, WordPress, Facebook, Kidney Stories, Jim Myers, kidney, dialysis, blood, transfusion, donor, recipient, seeking, awareness, National Kidney Foundation, Indiana University, sharing, kidney disease, End Stage Renal Failure, polycystic kidney disease, chronic kidney disease, kidney for, diabetic, save my life, living kidney donor, organ donation, find a kidney for, NCS, share a spare, transplant list, fundraiser, donate life,

No comments:

Post a Comment