Wednesday, May 8, 2013

KIDNEY STORIES: SHARE YOUR SPARE WITH MELISSA


If anyone is interested in being tested for my friend Melissa please contact Grace, Melissa's Transplant Coordinator at Fairfax Hospital, VA 703-208-6035. If you have questions I would be glad to hear from you contact/text me at 516-991-5001.

Description
Hi, my name is Melissa and I am a daughter, wife, mother, and grandmother. I have lived a very active life however, now my life has changed.

I have Polycystic Kidney Disease (PKD) which is a genetic kidney disease. For over 5 years my kidney's have been failing and finally in July 2012 they stopped working. Since then I have been doing periteneal dialysis, at home. Before I had to discontinue working I managed a Family Practice law firm. Now I keep myself busy as an artist and bee keeper. I love this life!

Unfortunately, due to genetic and other complications, my family is unable to
donate to me. If you could share your spare and this feels right to you, I would be forever grateful. Please, I need just one kidney and I will take such good care of my precious gift.

In order to be considered, and you have blood type of either type A or O then
 
 
TAGS:share your spare with melissa, Ning, Live Journal, Tumblr, Weebly, WordPress, Facebook, Kidney Stories, Jim Myers, kidney, dialysis, blood, transfusion, donor, recipient, seeking, awareness, National Kidney Foundation, Indiana University, sharing, kidney disease, End Stage Renal Failure, polycystic kidney disease, chronic kidney disease, kidney for, diabetic, save my life, living kidney donor, organ donation, find a kidney for, NCS, share a spare, transplant list, fundraiser, donate life,

No comments:

Post a Comment