Monday, May 6, 2013

KIDNEY STORIES: WELLINGTON'S KIDNEY DONOR SEARCH


I can accept A or O Blood Types but ANY type can be my Donor via the Kidney Exchange Program. All expenses are paid so "Come on out to the Coast" (and save a life while you're at it!) for a San Diego/ Rancho Bernardo Dad
Description
Dear Friends,
First let me say "Thank You" for clicking to this page. Talking about this is a difficult thing. My Doctor is actually the one that suggested Facebook, and if it weren't for a small group of "Angel Friends" the page may not exist!

Also I might add for ANONYMOUS inquiries one may call SCRIPPS CLINIC, LA JOLLA CA. 858-554-4363(Ashley) and ask questions - be sure to tell her your are ...calling for information on possible donation for patient Douglas Wellington.

My name is Douglas Wellington and I live in the North County of San Diego California (although you do not need to live in California if you are interested in donating).
I am a "young" 57 year old man with a loving wife and beautiful 12 year old son.
He is an unbelievable good boy, Boy Scout and I believe him to be an "old soul."
We are a small, but close family. My business has always been Real Estate Brokering, however now I do not have the energy to deal with such stress. I now currently buy and re-sell my own homes. It's an ideal job for someone with my illness, so i see it as a blessing...I've had many in my life..Even my End Stage Kidney Disease must have some hidden blessing..it will show up, I'm certain.

With regards to Kidney donation, there is allot of information online to read about and anyone interested in donation a Kidney and living the with one will be surprised to find out how normal your life will be. I wonder what it would feel like to save someone's life if I could. It must rank the ultimate in "Altruistic Deed."

Below I have outlined some basic facts about Kidney Donation.
Here we go:
1. Many people are actually born with one Kidney and only find out should they have a scan of some sort. They life totally normal lives.
2. These days the procedure is done via "Laparoscopic" Surgery.(please see below)
3. Hospital stay is about 3 days. (Procedure is 3-4 Hours)
4. Donor recovery time for a desk job is about 2 weeks.
5. There is no cost to the donor.
6.I can accept from an "A" or an"O"blood type.

Anyone interested in donating remains TOTALLY in control from the time they inquire to the actual time of the operation and at anytime can change their mind and no one will ask any questions and this happens all the time.
So in reality, no one is considered an actual donor until the day of the procedure!
Below is a copied bit of info taken from a Kidney Transplant webpage:
Laparoscopic nephrectomy

Laparoscopic nephrectomy is a form of minimally invasive surgery using instruments on long, narrow rods to view, cut, and remove the donor kidney. The surgeon views the kidney and surrounding tissue with a flexible videoscope. The videoscope and surgical instruments are maneuvered through four small incisions in the abdomen, and carbon dioxide is pumped into the abdominal cavity to inflate it for an improved visualization of the kidney. Once the kidney is freed, it is secured in a bag and pulled through a fifth incision, approximately 3 in (7.6 cm) wide, in the front of the abdominal wall below the navel. Although this surgical technique takes slightly longer than an open nephrectomy, studies have shown that it promotes a faster recovery time, shorter hospital stays, and less postoperative pain for kidney donors.

I hope you will pass this around to all your Friends and associations. After all it
only takes one person to step up. Feel free to call me ANYTIME my cell is on 7/24.
Or email me at douglaswellington@sbcglobal.net

Thanks for reading!
Douglas (D.J) Wellington
Rancho Bernardo/ San Diego
858-776-3000

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wellingtons-Kidney-Donor-Search/315150378524664
 
TAGS: wellingtons kidney donor search, Ning, Live Journal, Tumblr, Weebly, WordPress, Facebook, Kidney Stories, Jim Myers, kidney, dialysis, blood, transfusion, donor, recipient, seeking, awareness, National Kidney Foundation, Indiana University, sharing, kidney disease, End Stage Renal Failure, polycystic kidney disease, chronic kidney disease, kidney for, diabetic, save my life, living kidney donor, organ donation, find a kidney for, NCS, share a spare, transplant list, fundraiser, donate life,

No comments:

Post a Comment