Monday, April 15, 2013

KIDNEY STORIES: KIDNEY 4 MAGGIE

KIDNEY STORIES: KIDNEY 4 MAGGIE
image

I’m looking for a B+ or O Blood type kidney. 13 people die everyday waiting for a kidney transplant. Please share to spread the word ♥
Description
My name is Margaret Leon, also known as Maggie. I was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes when I was 6 years old. Today I am 33 years old. My diabetes is causing both my kidneys to fail. Ive been in stage 5 kidney failure for 2 years now. That means I have to do dialysis 3 days a week for 3 hour each treatment to stay alive.

I am currently looking for a B or O kidney donor. I am also currently listed… at UCLA, California for a kidney and pancreas. If I can find a living donor, my chances of my new kidney are greater on lasting me a longer life, then one of a deceased donor.

I have been doing dialysis for 2 years now to maintain life. I have a loving husband and 3 children at home. Our youngest daughter who is 12, has Cerebral Palsy. She cant wait for the day when I can have the energy to play with her again like I used to when she was little.

The symptoms I’m having at Stage 5 kidney failure includes:

General ill feeling and fatigue
Generalized itching and dry skin
Headaches
Hair loss
Weight loss without trying
Loss of appetite
Nausea
Bone pain
Brain and nervous system symptoms, Drowsiness and confusion
Problems concentrating or thinking
Numbness in the hands, feet, or other areas
Muscle twitching or cramps
Easy bruising, nosebleeds
Excessive thirst
Frequent hiccups
Sleep problems, such as insomnia
Swelling of the feet and hands
Vomiting

Doing dialysis is a struggle for me. I have had many surgeries and still continuing to have surgeries to keep my fistula going in my arm so I can receive treatment. Sitting there in the chair for 3 hours straight, freezing and hurting because the needles aren’t small is very hard. I try to have a great attitude about it, but sometimes its over whelming.

If you or any you know would like to donate, please send me an email or IM

kidney4maggie@gmail.com

Ive been told my wait time on the list can be up to 5 years. Remember I have already gone through 2 years of dialysis and I have 1 year of wait time on the list so far. That leaves me 3-4 years of dialysis until my chance of getting a deceased donor for my blood type.

To learn more about kidney donation, please feel free to check out www.kidney.org

If you would like to donate, remember that my insurance will cover your surgery and hospital stay. Please call my coordinator:

UCLA Violet Castro (310) 267-6948
or
UCLA Mishon Surprenant (310) 267-6903

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Kidney4maggie/437079296366862

www.facebook.com/kidneystories


TAGS: 
Ning, Live Journal, Tumblr, Weebly, WordPress, Facebook, Kidney Stories, Jim Myers, kidney, dialysis, blood, transfusion, donor, recipient, seeking, awareness, National Kidney Foundation, Indiana University, sharing, kidney disease, End Stage Renal Failure, polycystic kidney disease, chronic kidney disease, kidney for, diabetic, save my life, living kidney donor, organ donation, find a kidney for, NCS, share a spare, transplant list, fundraiser, donate life,

No comments:

Post a Comment